The 9 days before 9 BAv are here, and on top of the regular mourning restrictions we’ve got corona related and health restrictions to navigate. ScaVentures has been spending much of the past few months creating new online products, creating safe offline products for small capsules, and adapting our website and infrastructure to our new corona reality. When we look at everything we’ve done, we’re blown away by the quality and quantity of options that we have to offer groups and families! We have summarized a few ideas into 9 suggestions for the 9 days before Tisha BÁv. All of these suggestions are appropriate and recommended activities for the 9 days!
- Old City Dash – Explore the Old City with the new ScaVentures City Dash app! This was developed specifically for your fun and enjoyment during the corona period. You can play this missions game/scavenger hunt from your phone with your family in the Old City, or you can play it virtually from your home. More info here!
- Nachlaot City Dash – Discover Nachlaot with the new ScaVentures City Dash app! This was developed specifically for your fun and enjoyment during the corona period. You can play this missions game/scavenger hunt from your phone with your family in Nachlaot, or you can play it virtually from your home. More info here!
- Neve Zedek City Dash – Go to Neve Zedek with the new ScaVentures City Dash app! This was developed specifically for your fun and enjoyment during the corona period. You can play this missions game/scavenger hunt from your phone with your family in Neve Zedek, or you can play it virtually from your home. More info here!
- ScaVentures Jerusalem Experiential guidebook – Your ScaVentures Jerusalem book is a treasury of amazing information about Jerusalem along with missions, quizzes and other fun. Appropriate for kids and adults of all ages! Take it with to explore the Old City, Yemin Moshe, Mount Herzl in a small group with friends or family. Or curl up on your couch with it to learn discover the secrets of Jerusalem! In Israel books can be picked up from Power Coffee Works (111 Agripas Street across the road from the open air shuk), Pat BaMelach in Efrat, 19 Hashoshan Street Beit Shemesh (Whatsapp before coming 054-497-5710) or you can order yours here.
- Jerusalem Quarantine Quest – A team based virtual ScaVenture that you can play from home or from anywhere! Show us your team in colors of Jerusalem, tell us what YOU think Jerusalem needs, find something quartered and show it to us! All this and many more missions on the Jerusalem Quarantine Quest. More info here!
- Partnership Quarantine Quest – Challenge another bunk / camp / school / Sunday school / youth movement / city or country to a Quarantine Quest game. This has worked really well with mixed groups of Israeli/American kids as well as with inter homeroom pupils. More info here!
- Order your own ScaVenture! Check out our new ScaVentures options page! Do you have an idea for a new ScaVenture? Dream big, it doesn’t have to be Jewish or Israel related! Write to us and tell us what ScaVentures you’d like to play, online or offline!
- You are what you street! Read our streets of Jerusalem blog and tell us what names YOU would like to give to streets in Jerusalem! You can comment on the blog post or you can send us your suggestions with reasons and pictures to our email, best suggestions will be published on our facebook page!
- Learn about the gates of Jerusalem (hint – this will help you in your ScaVentures City Dash in the Old City). Choose another location or feature of Jerusalem and prepare your own post about it and send it to us! We’ll feature the best posts on our website, don’t forget to send us pictures of yourselves in that Jerusalem spot!
So there are some AMAZING 9 days activities for you, wishing everyone a healthy and peaceful 9 days, and a healthy and peaceful summer!